[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/nMYY ]

Happy Friday --with the year off to a hot start, we're picking up the pace with
a new Top-Level Project, more events, and 80% more commits over the past 7
days. Let's take a look at what's happening with the Apache community:

Do you have a few minutes to help the ASF? In advance of our 20th Anniversary,
we'd love your insight on The Apache Way. Our community is integral to our
success, and we'd appreciate your feedback on this quick survey
https://s.apache.org/oxTr

Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind
why the ASF "just works".
 - Success at Apache: Accidentally Finding Awesome by Daniel Ruggeri
https://s.apache.org/e3is

ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation
in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
 - Next Board Meeting: 16 January. Board calendar and minutes
http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 21st year.
 - Join us: Apache Roadshow/DC and Open Source Career Fair at George Mason
University 25 March 2019 http://apachecon.com/
 - CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow/Chicago 13-14 May 2019
http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html
 - Save the Date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September in Las Vegas
http://apachecon.com/

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's
infrastructure running around the clock.
 - NEW statistics and visualizations for 7M+ weekly checks: 99.95% uptime.
http://www.apache.org/uptime/

Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 440 Apache contributors changed 1,027,772
lines of code over 3,027 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Kaxil
Naik, Ash Berlin-Taylor, Andrea Cosentino, Chesnay Schepler, and Tellier Benoit.

Apache Project Announcements –the latest updates by category.

Big Data --
 - The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Airflow™ as a Top-Level
Project https://s.apache.org/LeeE
 - Apache Flume 1.9.0 released http://flume.apache.org/
 - Apache HBase 2.0.4 and 2.1.2 released https://hbase.apache.org/

Network Client/Server --
 - Apache Guacamole 1.0.0 released http://guacamole.apache.org/
 - Apache Jackrabbit 2.10.9 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
 - Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.1.0 released http://qpid.apache.org

Did You Know?

 - Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating
anniversaries in January? Apache Cocoon, James, and Web Services (16 years);
Lucene (14 years); ActiveMQ (12 years); Hadoop (11 years); River (8 years);
Empire-db and Gora (7 years); OpenMeetings (6 years); Samza (4 years); Arrow (3
years); and Ranger (2 years). Many happy returns!
https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date

 - Did you know that blogs.apache.org is powered by Apache Roller? v5.2.2 just
released today! http://roller.apache.org/

 - Did you know that NTT, the world's fourth largest telecommunications
company, built a Kappa architecture for network flows using Apache Kafka?
http://kafka.apache.org/

Apache Community Notices:

 - Apache in 2018 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2018Digits

 - ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq

 - ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport

 - The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement
https://s.apache.org/zqC3

 - Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA

 - "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just
works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache

 - Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and
on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation

 - Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account
https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity

 - The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at
http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html

 - The ASF will be at FOSDEM 2-3 February/Brussels https://fosdem.org/2019/

 - The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019
in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/

 - Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco
and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/

 - CFP Now Open: Apache Roadshow Chicago 13-14 May 2019
http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/index.html

 - CFP now open for Berlin Buzzwords: 16-18 June 2019
https://berlinbuzzwords.de/

 - Save the date: ApacheCon North America 9-13 September 2019
http://apachecon.com/

 - Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities
--opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community
development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika,
Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/

 - Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered
By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
announce-subscr...@apache.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader
spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides
an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of
select ASF Committers.

# # #

NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
announce@apache.org distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from the
recipient account to announce-unsubscr...@apache.org with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.