[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/h5EK ]

Following the 15 May face-to-face Board meeting, Craig L. Russell was today
named Chairman of the ASF. Russell is a 12-year Member of the ASF and has
served as ASF Secretary from September 2010 to his election to the Board in
March 2019. He succeeds Phil Steitz, who served as ASF Chairman since August
2017.

As announced earlier [1], Danny Angus was named Board Member to fill the
position held by ASF co-founder Jim Jagielski, who resigned earlier this month.
David Nalley was also appointed ASF Executive Vice President, a position held
by Ross Gardler from October 2016 until his resignation in May 2019.

"We thank Phil, Jim, and Ross for playing instrumental roles in helping shape
the ASF where it is today," said Russell. "We are grateful for their countless
hours of service and look forward to building upon their efforts."

ASF Members elect the Board of Directors to run the Foundation and to set and
ensure policy. The Board of Directors are: Danny Angus, Rich Bowen, Shane
Curcuru, Ted Dunning, Daniel Ruggeri, Craig Russell, and Joan Touzet.

In addition to Russell and Nalley, the ASF's corporate officers include:

 - Vice Chairman Shane Curcuru
 - President Sam Ruby
 - Treasurer Ulrich Stärk
 - Secretary Matt Sicker

The complete officer roster is available at http://apache.org/foundation/

[1] https://s.apache.org/rEAx

# # #

NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
announce@apache.org distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from the
recipient account to announce-unsubscr...@apache.org with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.