It’s a great pleasure to announce the release of Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.14

Apache OpenWebBeans-2.x is a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection
for Java) and targets the CDI-2.0 specification (JavaEE 8).

This is a maintenance release targeting the new CDI 2.0 specification!
CDI is a JavaEE standard specification (JSR-365) but fully available under
Apache License v2.0.
http://cdi-spec.org/
https://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/2.0/cdi-spec.html

OpenWebBeans is modularly built and can be used either in pure Java SE, in a
Servlet Container like e.g. Tomcat or in fully fledged JavaEE containers.
Our core is only 700kByte and thus brings full JavaEE-8 compatibility at a
smaller size of most so called ‚micro solutions‘.

Distribution packages can be downloaded via
https://openwebbeans.apache.org/download.html

The release is also available via maven
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/openwebbeans/

We also include an installer scripts in our binary distribution which can be
used as easy as:

$> unzip openwebbeans-distribution-2.0.14-binary.zip
$> cd openwebbeans-distribution-2.0.14
$> ./install_owb_tomcat7.bat /opt/your/apache-tomcat-9.x.x

(works with Apache Tomcat7 and 8, 8.5 and 9)

OpenWebBeans-2.0.x is included in Apache Meecrowave-1.2.x and the upcoming
Apache TomEE-8.x releases.

The following tickets got resolved:
Bug
        • [OWB-1280] - NPE in filterExcludedJars
        • [OWB-1303] - AbstractOwbBean does not conserve the actual user code
exception when creating a bean fails
        • [OWB-1305] - Extensions can be looked up during their bean creation
leading to a NPE
        • [OWB-1309] - upgrade to new tomcat7.0.99 introduces a Problem with a
new NoSuchMethodException

Improvement
        • [OWB-1306] - Be more tolerant to java version in our unsafe/proxy
usage/registration

Task
        • [OWB-1304] - Change OWB to build fine with Java11
        • [OWB-1307] - remove conversation.periodicDelay option from our config
        • [OWB-1308] - dependency upgrades

Please also visit our homepage http://openwebbeans.apache.org and contact us on
our mailing lists.

have fun,