The following announcement was sent to me by Jay Boisseau, the director of TACC.

The Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) at The University of Texas at Austin is looking to hire several additional HPC experts over the next 4-5 months. TACC is particularly interested in hiring one or more computational experts in atmospheric modeling/weather forecasting, ocean modeling, and climate modeling. TACC operates one of the most powerful HPC systems in the world and is deploying what will be the most powerful system in late 2007 at 1/2 petaflop. The new research staff we're seeking will work with geosciences researchers at UT Austin, across UT System, and in the NSF and DOD research communities to help exploit these world-class HPC systems for maximum scientific impact in weather, ocean, and climate modeling.

Jay
Please note that the above hiring is completely independent of the Jackson School of Geosciences hiring that you've probably seen advertised in EOS. The opportunity for collaboration though is very good since TACC is in the same building as UTIG, and attached to the BEG building, two of the units of the Jackson School of Geosciences.

Rob Scott
Research Associate
Institute for Geophysics
University of Texas at Austin