The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic, and
industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI version 2.0.1.
v2.0.1 is a bug fix release. All users are encouraged to upgrade to v2.0.1 when
Version 2.0.1 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site
2.0.1 -- 2 September 2016
Bug fixes/minor improvements:
- Short message latency and message rate performance improvements for
- Fix shared memory performance when using RDMA-capable networks.
Thanks to Tetsuya Mishima and Christoph Niethammer for reporting.
- Fix bandwith performance degredation in the yalla (MXM) PML. Thanks
to Andreas Kempf for reporting the issue.
- Fix OpenSHMEM crash when running on non-Mellanox MXM-based networks.
Thanks to Debendra Das for reporting the issue.
- Fix a crash occuring after repeated calls to MPI_FILE_SET_VIEW with
predefined datatypes. Thanks to Eric Chamberland and Matthew
Knepley for reporting and helping chase down this issue.
- Fix stdin propagation to MPI processes. Thanks to Jingchao Zhang
for reporting the issue.
- Fix various runtime and portability issues by updating the PMIx
internal component to v1.1.5.
- Fix process startup failures on Intel MIC platforms due to very
large entries in /proc/mounts.
- Fix a problem with use of relative path for specifing executables to
mpirun/oshrun. Thanks to David Schneider for reporting.
- Various improvements when running over portals-based networks.
- Fix thread-based race conditions with GNI-based networks.
- Fix a problem with MPI_FILE_CLOSE and MPI_FILE_SET_SIZE. Thanks
to Cihan Altinay for reporting.
- Remove all use of rand(3) from within Open MPI so as not to perturb
applications use of it. Thanks to Matias Cabral and Noel Rycroft
- Fix crash in MPI_COMM_SPAWN.
- Fix types for MPI_UNWEIGHTED and MPI_WEIGHTS_EMPTY. Thanks to
Lisandro Dalcin for reporting.
- Correctly report the name of MPI_INTEGER16.
- Add some missing MPI constants to the Fortran bindings.
- Fixed compile error when configuring Open MPI with --enable-timing.
- Correctly set the shared library version of libompitrace.so. Thanks
to Alastair McKinstry for reporting.
- Fix errors in the MPI_RPUT, MPI_RGET, MPI_RACCUMULATE, and
MPI_RGET_ACCUMULATE Fortran bindings. Thanks to Alfio Lazzaro and
Joost VandeVondele for tracking this down.
- Fix problems with use of derived datatypes in non-blocking
collectives. Thanks to Yuki Matsumoto for reporting.
- Fix problems with OpenSHMEM header files when using CMake. Thanks to
Paul Kapinos for reporting the issue.
- Fix problem with use use of non-zero lower bound datatypes in
collectives. Thanks to Hristo Iliev for reporting.
- Fix a problem with memory allocation within MPI_GROUP_INTERSECTION.
Thanks to Lisandro Dalcin for reporting.
- Fix an issue with MPI_ALLGATHER for communicators that don't consist
of two ranks. Thanks to David Love for reporting.
- Various fixes for collectives when used with esoteric MPI datatypes.
- Fixed corner cases of handling DARRAY and HINDEXED_BLOCK datatypes.
- Fix a problem with filesystem type check for OpenBSD.
Thanks to Paul Hargrove for reporting.
- Fix some debug input within Open MPI internal functions. Thanks to
Durga Choudhury for reporting.
- Fix a typo in a configury help message. Thanks to Paul Hargrove for
- Correctly support MPI_IN_PLACE in MPI_[I]ALLTOALL[V|W] and
- Fix alignment issues on SPARC platforms.
Known issues (to be addressed in v2.0.2):
- See the list of fixes slated for v2.0.2 here:
(note that the "ompi-release" Github repo will be folded/absorbed
into the "ompi" Github repo at some point in the future)
announce mailing list