The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic, and
industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI version 2.0.2.
v2.0.2 is a bug fix release that includes a variety of bug fixes and some
performance fixes. All users are encouraged to upgrade to v2.0.2 when
Version 2.0.2 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site:
2.0.2 -- 31 January 2017
Bug fixes/minor improvements:
- Fix a problem with MPI_FILE_WRITE_SHARED when using MPI_MODE_APPEND and
Open MPI's native MPI-IO implementation. Thanks to Nicolas Joly for
- Fix a typo in the MPI_WIN_GET_NAME man page. Thanks to Nicolas Joly
- Fix a race condition with ORTE's session directory setup. Thanks to
@tbj900 for reporting this issue.
- Fix a deadlock issue arising from Open MPI's approach to catching calls to
munmap. Thanks to Paul Hargrove for reporting and helping to analyze this
- Fix a problem with PPC atomics which caused make check to fail unless builtin
atomics configure option was enabled. Thanks to Orion Poplawski for
- Fix a problem with use of x86_64 cpuid instruction which led to segmentation
faults when Open MPI was configured with -O3 optimization. Thanks to Mark
Santcroos for reporting this problem.
- Fix a problem when using built in atomics configure options on PPC platforms
when building 32 bit applications. Thanks to Paul Hargrove for reporting.
- Fix a problem with building Open MPI against an external hwloc installation.
Thanks to Orion Poplawski for reporting this issue.
- Remove use of DATE in the message queue version string reported to debuggers
insure bit-wise reproducibility of binaries. Thanks to Alastair McKinstry
for help in fixing this problem.
- Fix a problem with early exit of a MPI process without calling MPI_FINALIZE
or MPI_ABORT that could lead to job hangs. Thanks to Christof Koehler for
- Fix a problem with forwarding of SIGTERM signal from mpirun to MPI processes
in a job. Thanks to Noel Rycroft for reporting this problem
- Plug some memory leaks in MPI_WIN_FREE discovered using Valgrind. Thanks
to Joseph Schuchart for reporting.
- Fix a problems MPI_NEIGHOR_ALLTOALL when using a communicator with an empty
graph. Thanks to Daniel Ibanez for reporting.
- Fix a typo in a PMIx component help file. Thanks to @njoly for reporting
- Fix a problem with Valgrind false positives when using Open MPI's internal
Thanks to Yvan Fournier for reporting.
- Fix a problem with MPI_FILE_DELETE returning MPI_SUCCESS when
deleting a non-existent file. Thanks to Wei-keng Liao for reporting.
- Fix a problem with MPI_IMPROBE that could lead to hangs in subsequent MPI
point to point or collective calls. Thanks to Chris Pattison for reporting.
- Fix a problem when configure Open MPI for powerpc with --enable-mpi-cxx
enabled. Thanks to Alastair McKinstry for reporting.
- Fix a problem using MPI_IALLTOALL with MPI_IN_PLACE argument. Thanks to
Chris Ward for reporting.
- Fix a problem using MPI_RACCUMULATE with the Portals4 transport. Thanks to
@PDeveze for reporting.
- Fix an issue with static linking and duplicate symbols arising from PMIx
Slurm components. Thanks to Limin Gu for reporting.
- Fix a problem when using MPI dynamic memory windows. Thanks to
Christoph Niethammer for reporting.
- Fix a problem with Open MPI's pkgconfig files. Thanks to Alastair McKinstry
- Fix a problem with MPI_IREDUCE when the same buffer is supplied for the
send and recv buffer arguments. Thanks to Valentin Petrov for reporting.
- Fix a problem with atomic operations on PowerPC. Thanks to Paul
Hargrove for reporting.
Known issues (to be addressed in v2.0.3):
- See the list of fixes slated for v2.0.3 here:
announce mailing list