The Open MPI Team, representing a consortium of research, academic, and
industry partners, is pleased to announce the release of Open MPI version 2.1.1.
v2.1.1 is a bug fix release that includes a variety of bug fixes and some
performance fixes. All users are encouraged to upgrade to v2.1.1 when
Version 2.1.1 can be downloaded from the main Open MPI web site:
2.1.1 -- April, 2017
Bug fixes/minor improvements:
- Fix a problem with one of Open MPI's fifo data structures which led to
hangs in a make check test. Thanks to Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin for
- Add missing MPI_AINT_ADD/MPI_AINT_DIFF function definitions to mpif.h.
Thanks to Aboorva Devarajan for reporting.
- Fix the error return from MPI_WIN_LOCK when rank argument is invalid.
Thanks to Jeff Hammond for reporting and fixing this issue.
- Fix a problem with mpirun/orterun when started under a debugger. Thanks
to Gregory Leff for reporting.
- Add configury option to disable use of CMA by the vader BTL. Thanks
to Sascha Hunold for reporting.
- Add configury check for MPI_DOUBLE_COMPLEX datatype support.
Thanks to Alexander Klein for reporting.
- Fix memory allocated by MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE_SHARED to
be 64 byte aligned. Thanks to Joseph Schuchart for
- Update MPI_WTICK man page to reflect possibly higher
resolution than 10e-6. Thanks to Mark Dixon for
- Add missing MPI_T_PVAR_SESSION_NULL definition to mpi.h
include file. Thanks to Omri Mor for this contribution.
- Enhance the Open MPI spec file to install modulefile in /opt
if installed in a non-default location. Thanks to Kevin
Buckley for reporting and supplying a fix.
- Fix a problem with conflicting PMI symbols when linking statically.
Thanks to Kilian Cavalotti for reporting.
Known issues (to be addressed in v2.1.2):
- See the list of fixes slated for v2.1.2 here:
Los Alamos National Laboratory
announce mailing list