The WISPA Advocacy Day will occur next week in Washington D.C..  This is our
yearly mission to take a number of WISP's to our nation's capital to help
educate and influence legislators as to what service we provide to our
communities and how they can help assure our future and not give favorable
treatment to our competitors.

This year 15 WISP's were chosen based on their Legislative Districts, they
will see 60 Representatives over two days.  We will cover subjects from our
Progeny battle, subsidization of Telco's with CAF, our rural efforts,
spectrum needs among other issues.  While our role in making filings with
the FCC is extremely valuable, it's also important to put a face to our
efforts and make contacts, help sway them with our stories, plus give them
future contacts when legislation is presented to them as constituents of
their districts.

Going to D.C. is not cheap, it is one of the most expensive cities in the
nation, we bring small town WISP's that sometimes cannot afford to make the
trip.  This year we are subsidizing one of the two hotel days from WISPA to
make it a little less painful.  We know that having a small business owner
in front of a Congressman has much greater value than a hired lobbyist.

A week ago we asked for donations to help our legislative efforts.  Your
donations will help subsidize those Wisps that are taking time out of their
week to travel to DC.  We appreciate all of your support of WISPA programs.
I am often told the $325 paid for membership dues produces the greatest
return on investment our members make in the legal representation and other
work we do to help your future income. They also ask "how can I help beyond
my dues"?  This is that opportunity, since we first put our notice out a
week ago $2450 has been donated, last year we raised $5000 so obviously we'd
like to see a little greater participation in this fundraiser.  We would
like to thank the follow companies who have contributed so far.

Intellimax (Dave Giles)

Intelipath (Liz Creekmore)

Aeronet (Gino Villarini)

Country Connections (Larry Schriver)

Ridge Wireless (Mike Lyon)

Wirefree Communications (Alan Cameron)

Below is the link you can donate to our cause, which will directly come back
to you by creating more influence in D.C. and therefore a more secure future
for your business.  If you'd like to ask questions please feel free to
contact me at advoc...@wispa.org.  I greatly appreciate anything you can do
to help the future of WISPA's Legislative efforts.

<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=28QB6B
UUE37UE>
imap://forbes%2emercy%40wabroadband%2e...@mail.wabroadband.com:143/fetch%3EU
ID%3E.INBOX%3E159964?part=1.1.2&filename=image001.gif

Washington DC Advocacy Day Fund

Sincerely,
Forbes Mercy
WISPA VP/Legislative Chair