This is one of the issues of overloading the name "Galaxy".

Galaxy is two things, a server and a client.

The Galaxy server is a mechanism for indexing roles, and making them
available to the Galaxy client. Github isn't great at providing
searchability and metadata for content. Galaxy isn't great either, but it's
improving. :)

The Galaxy Client downloads from the Galaxy server by default, but can be
set to download from any Git repo. This isn't always clear to users, so we
need to do a better job of surfacing this capability.

--g

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Ricardo Carrillo Cruz <
ricardo.carrillo.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see, that makes sense, thanks.

>> @Ricardo, on the galaxy.ansible.com (galaxy-server) side, it only allows
>> importing roles from github.com as well as requires github.com accounts.
>>
>> I believe they want to extend the server software to allow for other
>> 'origins' both for accounts and for shared roles.

Greg DeKoenigsberg
Ansible Community Guy