Hi all, we're happy to announce that RC3 for 2.4.0 is now available for testing.

How do you get it?

The tar.gz of the release can be found here:

https://releases.ansible.com/ansible/ansible-2.4.0.0-0.3.rc3.tar.gz
SHA256: 1c19545d9f995cac792c83e6811d7d55ba17c491533522cbf4dd223e4ab89523

You can also test against the git repository as follows:

$ git clone https://github.com/ansible/ansible.git
$ cd ansible
$ git checkout v2.4.0.0-0.3.rc3

You can then source our testing script:

$ . hacking/env-setup

or you can build your own .tar.gz (output will be dist/ansible-2.4.0.0.tar.gz):

$ make sdist

If you discover any errors, or if you see any regressions from
playbooks which work on 2.3.x and prior, please open a Github issue
and be sure to mention you're testing against this release candidate.

Note that we're still on track for final release on the 19th.  Towards
that end we're planning on having one more rc with code changes on
Saturday, the 16th.  Unless blocker regressions are found, the code
changes should be small and targeted at specific modules.  For the
most part we'll be deferring additional bugfixes to a staging branch
for 2.4.1 rather than adding more changes to 2.4.0.

Then on the evening of the 17th (Sunday), we'll release an rc5.  This
rc should only contain documentation changes that need to go into the
final release.  We're going to make rc5 more to test our release
process with the updated documentation rather than to get additional
testing as rc4 should be equivalent to rc5 in terms of code.

I'll send out an update in the rc4 or rc5 release announcement if any
of these plans change.

Thanks!

Toshio Kuratomi