Sometimes I find myself in situations where I need to check the stdout or
return code of a command executed on all hosts in a group, and based on
some logical rules given the results, determine what to do next. This is
sometimes clunky and error-prone to do with jinja2 and set_fact.
Consequently, I’m somewhat interested in providing a way (possibly via
action plugin) to set variables by passing a function to call and arguments
to pass. I have no immediate interest in integrating something like this
into the core. I'm primarily looking for guidance and warnings before I try
to implement this for a project I'm working on.

- Demitri