Overview

As previously announced, Ansible has adopted upstream maintenance for
ansible-lint and Molecule. See Sept 26th mailing list post
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ansible-project/ehrb6AEptzA> for
the background.

What will change:

   -

   GitHub repos for both projects
   -

      github.com/willthames/ansible-lint/ will move to
      github.com/ansible/ansible-lint[1]
      -

      github.com/metacloud/molecule will move to
      github.com/ansible/molecule[1]
      -

      All history (including Issues & PRs) will be migrated
      -

   Docker location for Molecule
   -

      Docker image will be published to quay.io/repository/molecule [1]
      -

      The existing https://hub.docker.com/r/retr0h/molecule/ will not
      receive further updates.
      Details on how pull from the new location will be included in follow
      up email

What will remain the same:

   -

   *Molecule*
   -

      PyPi package name molecule <https://pypi.org/project/molecule/>
      -

         Continue to install with pip install molecule
         -

         Upgrade from previous versions seamlessly
         -

      Documentation at https://molecule.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
      -

      Community communications
      -

         https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/molecule-users
         -

         #molecule-users on Freenode IRC
         -

   *Ansible-lint*
   -

      PyPi package name ansible-lint <http://pypi.org/project/ansible-lint>
      -

         Continue to install with pip install ansible-lint
         -

         Upgrade from previous versions seamlessly

Timing and next steps

We will move the GitHub repos and make the associated updates the week of
29th October. Once the repo move has been completed and documentation has
been rebuilt we will release new versions of both projects. We’ll send
release announcements to the ansible-announce mailing list
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ansible-announce> and to the
relevant community lists.

What you will need to do after the changes:

   -

   If you've checked out the code for either project, you’ll need to update
   your git remote.
   -

   If you’re using Molecule from hub.docker.com, you’ll need to to update
   your docker registry.
   -

   We’ll provide more details when the changes have been made.

To find out more

Subscribe to the ansible-announce mailing list
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ansible-announce>

Kind regards,
John "gundalow" Barker
Ansible by Red Hat

[1] Note, that these new URLs will not exist till the move is complete