If you created resources using cloud formation templates it should be clean
enough to delete them in the same way.

Otherwise I would think you would need logic to find the resources and
remove them one by one.

Like if your stack resources include a build number tag or git commit hash
as an example then you could search for resources with that tag and delete
them.

But by default ansible doesn't keep a state file like terraform so it
doesn't just know what should tear down.