The json_query filter is probably what you're looking for:
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/user_guide/playbooks_filters.html#json-query-filter

- set_fact:
    new_var: "{{ your_var |
json_query('nodes.imdata[*].fabricNode.attributes.{dn:dn,name:name}')
}}"

should give you:

[
  {
    "dn": "topology/pod-1/node-1",
    "name": "NOQCJALAB1"
  },
  {
    "dn": "topology/pod-1/node-1",
    "name": "NOQCJALAB2"
  }
]

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 3:09 AM Balasubramaniam M <balasof...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have register variable with below json as value and need to extract name
> and dn from this JSON to list. tried different options using set_fact
> without any luck. Could you please someone help? this is really urgent
>
> {
>     "nodes": {
>         "status": -1,
>         "imdata": [