Hi all, Ansible-2.10 has been a big change in how we develop Ansible
with development split between the ansible-base and ansible packages.
Although the development schedule has been known for a long time,
we're only finalizing the release schedule for Ansible-2.10.0 now.

Here is the release schedule for Ansible-2.10.0 with important dates
for ansible-base interwoven.

## Dates already passed:

2020-06-23: Ansible 2.10 Alpha freeze date. No net new collections.
2020-07-10: Ansible collections freeze date for content shuffling.
Content should be in its final collection for the ansible-2.10
release.

## Dates upcoming:

** Roughly weekly ansible alpha releases made available on pypi for testing **

2020-08-13: ansible-base 2.10 Release date.

2020-08-14: the final ansible-2.10 alpha

2020-08-18: Ansible 2.10 Beta freeze.
  * No new modules or major features should be added.  In practice
this means we will freeze the semver versions to compatible release
versions.  ie: If the version of comunity.crypto on this date was
community-crypto-1.1.0; ansible-2.10.0 could ship with
community-crypto-1.1.1.  It would not ship with
community-crypto-1.2.0.

2020-09-01: ansible-2.10.0 beta1

2020-09-08: Ansible 2.10 Final freeze/rc1. After this date only
changes blocking a release are accepted.
* Collections will only be updated to a new version if a blocker is
approved.  Collection owners should discuss any blockers at a
community IRC meeting (on 9-10 and 9-17) to decide whether to bump the
version of the collection for a fix.

** Addtitional release candidates to be published as needed as
blockers are fixed **

2020-09-22: Ansible 2.10 GA release date.

Ansible-2.10.x patch releases will occur roughly every three weeks if
changes to collections have been made or if it is deemed necessary to
force an upgrade to a later ansible-base-2.10.x.  Ansible-2.10.x patch
releases may contain new features but not backwards incompatibilities.
In practice, this means we will include new collection versions where
either the patch or the minor version number has changed but not when
the major number has changed (example: Ansible-2.10 ships with
community-crypto-1.1.0; ansible-2.10.1 may ship with
community-crypto-1.2.0 but would not ship with
community-crypto-2.0.0).

Breaking changes may be introduced in ansible-2.11.0 although we
encourage collection owners to use deprecation periods that will show
up in at least one Ansible release before being changed incompatibly.

The rough schedule for Ansible-2.11 and beyond (such as how many
months we'll aim for between versions) is still to be discussed and
likely will be made after 2.10.0 has been released.

Thanks
-Toshio