Hi Asad Hasan,

Personally, I use YamlLint from the "sdesbure/yamllint" Docker Image ->
https://hub.docker.com/r/sdesbure/yamllint

I made this alias in my BashRc to mount local path to /yaml in the
container and launch it in every path: alias yamllint='eval docker run -it
--rm -v ${PWD}:/yaml sdesbure/yamllint yamllint'

You can then write your own rules in a .yamllint file to override defaults.
Rules documentation are here :
https://yamllint.readthedocs.io/en/stable/rules.html

I setup the rules like this :

---
extends: "default"

rules:
  line-length: "disable"
  indentation:
    indent-sequences: no
  comments:
    require-starting-space: yes
    min-spaces-from-content: 2
  comments-indentation: "disable"
  quoted-strings:
    quote-type: "double"
  truthy:
    allowed-values:
    - "yes"
    - "no"

Hope you'll find your happiness !

Best regards,
--

[image: Kosmos] <https://www.kosmos-education.com>

Didier BOURRIAUD
*Expert Technique*
Tél. : +33 (0) 6.84.18.76.21 <undefined> - 8 rue Kervégan 44000 Nantes -
France
[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/KosmosEducation> [image: Linkedin]
<https://fr.linkedin.com/company/kosmos_2> [image: Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/user/kosmoseducation> www.kosmos-education.com