"Now the other question: would it be reasonable to ask for such feature
then? "

It would not :)

I think it makes much more sense to explicitly tag things.

For instance, think of flickr.com and I tag all pictures in an album
"vacation", I don't have the ability to take another album and tag pictures
"not vacation" in such a way that the vacation tag doesn't pick them up.

Being able to say "don't run these tags" if of course what --skip-tags
does, and we can do that.