Hey together,

I am working with ansible for a few days now and it is perfect and really
what I needed, but there are a few things I am not able to solute for
myself and where I have ( in my opinion ) ugly workarounds that should be
able to be done a lot smoother.

*1.) Merging Variables per Playbook*

   - I know that merging variables is possible with editing ansible.cfg
   - I know, that a lot of playbooks do not use this behavior so enabling
   it could create problems
   - Is it somehow possible to create it just for my own playbooks?
   - Reason:
   - All my variables are build like this:
      - bbnetz.PLAYBOOK.packages.[nano, screen, curl, ...] ( for example )
      set in the vars folder per distribution/version
      - bbnetz.PLAYBOOK.settings.[database.*, vhost, defaultUser, ... ] set
      in the defaults folder and also in my host_vars.

Just as a workaround: I just renamed the bbnetz.PLAYBOOK.packages to
bbnetz_packages.PLAYBOOK, but this is not as clean as I would like to have
it.

*2.) Creating Runtime variables*

This is my set up:

   - I tried to setup a PHP-FPM setup with different ports
   - I created for each php-fpm vhost a file in /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/ and
   name it HOSTNAME_PORTNUMBER where portnumber is 9000 + i.
   - And here is where this ends. I am not able to figure out what my i is
   or how to add it to 9000.

Just as workaround: I am working with PHP-FPM over Sockets for the moment...

*3.) Git Module and owners*

This is one of my settings:

   - I am connected as user bbringenberg to my test server
   - I create a new user named openproject and want to create the github
   repo from openproject in /home/openproject as user openproject.
   - There is no attribute owner/group so this is not possible =(.
   - I am also not able to configure the user for a new connection in my
   vars file

Just as a workaround: I am creating a copy of the gitrepo for the moment
and set the new owner there.

*4.) How are you working with SSL Certs?*

   - The last of my problems is, that I am not sure how to deploy SSL Certs
   - I could add them to my host_vars file, but that would make it really
   huge and as my configuration is in a locale git it would not make it any
   more secure...
   - I need to deploy them as files with gitignore or so...
   - How are you doing this?

Just as a workaround: I am doing this manually on each server...

It would be really cool if you'd be able to help me out here, because I
have a lot of cool things todo with ansible =).

Thanks for your help and have a very nice evening,
Greetings from Ruhrarea, Germany,

Bastian