Hi,

I'm trying to design a relatively generic role for managing AWS Elastic
Beanstalk applications. Because some of the configuration options need to
be the same across a few environments I'd like to have a place towards the
top level of the vars file that contains these. I have something working
[1] but the tasks file is very verbose. Specifically, the following seems
very verbose.

instance_type: "{{
item.1.rds_instance_type|default(eb.defaults[item.1.defaults].rds_instance_type)|default(omit)

}}"

Is this a common pattern when writing reusable Ansible roles?
If not, how is this kind of problem usually addressed?
Also, are there any other problems you can see with either file?

Thanks,
Rob

[1] https://gist.github.com/anonymous/bf4fdd7172b6f6588af2