Ok, there could be a number of things going on here.
WimRM enforces quotas on things like maximum amount of memory used and
other resources, presumably as a security measure.

Another thing that could be going on here is that one or more of the 18
things that are installed require an interactive user.  I have seen this
even on some installers which are running in a silent mode.

I would suggest breaking up the installer script so into several pieces and
using Write-Host to report progress.
Then run your playbook with -v so you can see the progress your script is
making.

You could also check the windows event logs for error messages.

Hope this helps,

Jon