On Wed, 24 Feb 2016, Brian Coca wrote:

It is 'on the list' to document it, but we also have many other things on
that list that are much higher priority: documenting other plugins,
migration path to 2.0, making plugins work under 1.9 AND 2.0, document
testing, and in general bugfixes and features galore ....

I noticed the "making plugins work under 1.9 AND 2.0" and I wrote my first hybrid lookup plugin today. I consider this an odd thing to have and didn't consider it useful to bring up.

Would it be useful to share what I did ?
It may be a starting point to improve the mechanism and document it in the process.

--
Dag