I managed to find the root/CIMV2 namespace, and I set the security
permissions of "Execute Methods" and "Remote Enable" and restarted the WMI
and WinRM services.  Unfortunately I still receive the same error.

As I mentioned, I can use WinRM from another Windows server via Powershell
session, without having to have an admin account.  Once I have connected
I'm able to run cmd or ipconfig.

I wonder what Ansible is doing?