We do stuff with inventory variales and dicts, like

  become_method:
    5.7: doas
    5.8: doas
    6.0: sudo

  ansible_become_method: become_method[ansible_distribution_release]

You can't do the >= thing this way, you have to enumerate all the options.
(Or you could have a default and only enumerate the ones that are
different from the defaults.) You might have to quote the numbers if
ansible_distribution_release is a string, I've gotten tripped up by stuff
like that once in a while but don't remember if this is one of them. :^)

                                      -Josh (j...@care.com)

This email is intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL. Any unauthorized use,
distribution, copying, or disclosure by any person other than the addressee(s)
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any
attachments from your system.