Have you read the documentation?

On 27.07.2016 12:09, Mona Gopal wrote:
I have a playbook written to fetch various type of inventory information. This playbook gives the following error when i try to run in on RHEL5.5
 server with Python2.4.3 in it

https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/intro_installation.html#control-machine-requirements

   Error:
fatal: [172.19.1.156]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true,
"msg": "Error: ansible requires the stdlib json or simplejson module,
neither was found!"}

    How do I go about resolving it from my control machine itself?

https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/intro_installation.html#installing-the-control-machine

    Also,  a basic query: Does ansible need python2.6 on the remote
machines as well??

https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/intro_installation.html#managed-node-requirements

--
Kai Stian Olstad