As a matter of fact they all do start with zero. I understand your
explanation, but one thing bothers me about it: when this playbook ran
earlier on four machines, those site numbers all started with 0 and we had
no problem, and on this run all 6 started with 0 and we only had the
problem on 4 machines. I believe that if ansible were treating these as oct
it would be consistent in doing so, but I've been using ansible for over a
year now, with the 4 digit identifiers in almost every playbook, but never
has this happened before.