win_copy is still unfortunately not great for large files.  From the
testing that I did earlier in the year it is still slower than fetching the
same size file via http and there seems to be a max size, although this
isn't something I've hit myself.

What I do is add an http server (nginx) to my ansible controllers (there
are lots of roles on galaxy to do this for you to chose from) and then use
win_get_url to fetch the files back onto the windows boxes.  You could use
any web server but I can vouch for nginx working well.  You can also use
force=no with win_get_url which will only download files if they have a
newer timestamp than the current version, and nginx sends the correct
headers for this to work, so its a good combination.

Happy to go into more detail if you need it.

Hope this helps,

Jon