On 16. sep. 2016 20:50, ZillaYT wrote:
From How to set environment variable with value obtained from
~/.aws/credentials?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ansible-project/KCpkbncyOxI> I'm
using lookup to get the values from a file off my home directory. But how
do I nest the result of one lookup call into a subsequent lookup call? In
the following code, I want to use the value of home_dir in the subsequent
lookups.

- name: Set AWS variables
  set_fact:
    home_dir: lookup('env', 'HOME')
    aws_access_key_id: "{{ lookup('ini', 'aws_access_key_id section=default
file=home_dir/.aws/credentials') }}"
    aws_secret_access_key: "{{ lookup('ini', 'aws_secret_access_key section=default
file=home_dir/.aws/credentials') }}"

If you use file=~/.aws/credentials it will work.

--
Kai Stian Olstad