On 17. sep. 2016 14:41, Krist van Besien wrote:
Hi all,

In one of my playbooks I need to build in a fairly long pause.

So I have this task:

- name: Pause for 20 minutes
  pause: minutes=20

This works, but has the disadvantage that for 20 minutes nothing appears to
happen on the screen. I would like to give a bit of feedback. Like a
message "still waiting, x minutes to go" every 30 seconds or so. What would
be the best way to do this?

It's not pretty, but it gives a feedback every 30 seconds.

  - name: Pause
    pause:
      seconds=30
    with_sequence: start=40 end=0 stride=-1