Ansible is covered by the GNU GPL version 3, as seen here:
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/COPYING

If you distribute a modified version you need to release the source-code
under the GPL-3 as well. Otherwise... speak to your lawyer ;)

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Dan <consult...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> read and read...so could it be that I can use Ansible for my project under
> the open source licence...just "Tower" is a product I would need to buy
> from Red Hat...did I understand this correctly?
>
> Thx
>
> Dan
>
> Am Mittwoch, 21. September 2016 19:27:04 UTC+2 schrieb Dan:
>>
>> Hi, sorry, stupid question...
>>
>> does Open Source here mean that I can use Ansible and build upon it for
>> my business project without buying the product?
>>
>> On the homepage I only find "free trial", not "community edition"..
>>
>> Thx for any advice
>>
>> Dan

> msgid/ansible-project/571c2f89-1a93-457f-a011-d9d7ad9cd62a%40googlegroups.
> com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/571c2f89-1a93-457f-a011-d9d7ad9cd62a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Mark Janssen  --  maniac(at)maniac.nl
Unix / Linux Open-Source and Internet Consultant
Maniac.nl Sig-IO.nl Vps.Stoned-IT.com