On 11.10.2016 22:49, novice1...@gmail.com wrote:
Oh sure, but I don't really have a problem with the message itself. I am just wondering: if 'Ansible' thinks there is a better way to do it (because
of a module the project provides), what am I doing wrong with my
configuration that I cannot achive what I want in an officially supported
way.

The message is just printed since you are using rsync in command module.
It doesn't mean that Ansible has analysed your code and thinks there is a better way to do it.
Think of it a message to someone that doesn't now synchronize exist.

The documentation clearly says synchronize is a basic wrapper around rsync, from the documentation: "You still may need to call rsync directly via command or shell depending on your use case. synchronize does not provide access to the full power of rsync, but does make most invocations easier to follow."

Is, what I am trying to do, beyond Ansible's scope?

No, but the module have not implemented everything and what you are trying to do is probably not implemented yet.
It OK to use command and shell module, they are included for a reason.

If not, how should
I do it? If yes, is there a better tool to achieve this?

- If you have the skills, you could make the changes to the module and send a pull request on Github.
- Alternative is to pay someone to do it for you.
- Or just use command module and rsync.

--
Kai Stian Olstad