Chris I haven't gotten this far yet so YMMV...see inline

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 12:38:24 PM UTC-7, Chris Short wrote:
> And now the question(s):
> 1) How can I make Ansible aware EC2 auto-scaling has created new systems?
I think you are looking for the concept of the Dynamic Inventory

> 2) How can I get Ansible to assign consistent host names and DNS records
> (Route 53) automatically?

For this I think you'd want to do something like this:

An similar example of how to setup CloudWatch Events and Lambda Functions
with Ansible:
Note this requires features merged but not available yet until 2.2 gets

To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit