This functionality isn't currently implemented on win_updates. I've had a
few people ask for it, and I might have time to implement it for 2.3, as
it's not terribly difficult so long as we stick to "limit the update
search/install to these KBs" and not "force install exactly these KBs".

Unfortunately I believe KB2842230 is a hotfix, and thus not available on
Windows Update- we don't yet have a supported method to install hotfixes
under WinRM. wusa.exe is the only supported method, and it fails under
WinRM (likely for the same reason that makes the win_updates module so
complex). If you have to touch the box anyway, you might do better to just
upgrade to Powershell 4 or 5.

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 11:15:42 AM UTC-7, Brian Jackson wrote:
> I don't see this functionality in the `win_updates` module, but I wanted
> to ask. I have a prerequisite on Windows 7 to install KB2999226 and
> KB2842230. I'd prefer to not install every available update to preserve
> consistency, portability, reproducibility, etc. Is there an easy way to do
> this?
> P.S. I need those KBs so Ansible itself can install/upgrade Chocolatey
> properly. I've installed them manually on a test box to verify they fix my
> Ansible/Chocolatey issues.

To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit