Tower provides accountability and control over who did what and when.  If
you don't need that then no you don't need Tower to do anything that
Ansible can do.

There is an open source front end, kind of a FOREMAN to review Ansible jobs
but it isn't the products core use and requires a bit of messing around to
get working.

On Monday, 10 October 2016 19:04:32 UTC+1, wrote:
> I'm looking to use Ansible as an orchestrater in my small dev environment.
> The open source version of Ansible is very bare bones; I was wondering if
> it is necessary to purchase Ansible Tower to really make it work? Or is
> there full functionality with the open source version?
> Thanks.

To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit