On 23.01.17 02:24 Sonny Heer wrote:
> Thanks for that info.  I do see what you mean.  I'd like to reuse
> existing ansible roles if possible.  Assuming I'm only doing basic
> things like setting up a yum repo and installing packages on groups
> of nodes.  Here is the lifecycle of what I'm thinking:

You are describing system containers, while docker does represent
application containers. Docker containers only contain the one
application that you want them to run. System containers are full
systems running with init and sshd and whatnot.

You might want to checkout lxc and the lxc_container module of ansible...

Johannes