Hi everyone,

I just ran into a timeout when executing my unchanged playbook against
my raspi (raspi2 with debian), that I had not run on this host since
ansible 2.2 at least.

It seems ansible (or the python hash library or whoever) is adding a
rounds=656000 to the password in /etc/shadow, which takes ages on the
raspi.

# grep root /etc/shadow:
root:$6$rounds=656000$FCZN4rw4PGVBFZY5$...

Before (without the rounds in /etc/shadow)
#time sudo ls /
Root-Rechte benötigt, bitte Passwort für root eingeben:
bin  boot  dev  etc  home  lib  media  mnt  opt  proc  root  run  sbin
selinux  srv  sys  tmp  usr  var

real    0m1.783s
user    0m0.544s
sys     0m0.036s

After:
time sudo ls /
Root-Rechte benötigt, bitte Passwort für root eingeben:
bin  boot  dev  etc  home  lib  media  mnt  opt  proc  root  run  sbin
selinux  srv  sys  tmp  usr  var

real    1m10.551s
user    1m9.628s
sys     0m0.064s

Is there any way to avoid this?

Here is the snippet from the role:

- name: "set password for root"
  user:
    name: "root"
    password: "{{ ansible_become_pass | password_hash('sha512',
salt_for_password | default('') ) }}"
    update_password: "always"

Thanks in advance,
Johannes