Can anybody help me with this?

I want to know from inside the playbook, what was passed to the --limit
parameter (e.g. "my-vm.my-domain.com:localhost")

The reason I cannot just connect to the "my-domain" machine, is that I want
to read an inventory variable, (the MAC address) before the machine even
gets created, so creative usage of set facts and delegation does not help
me much I am afraid.