On 07. aug. 2017 16:00, Vladimir-csp wrote:
Hi all.
I have a problem with delegate_to.
I use a role which governs users, and it has a delegated task that gathers
getent facts from a specific server, let's say 'getent-server'

Everything works fine until I try to apply this role to an unresolvable
host, let's say 'ur-host' by using '--limit ur-host -e
ansible_host=$ip_addr'. In this case delegation does not work, or rather
task gets delegated to 'ur-host' itself instead of 'getent-server'. How can
I make delegation work in these conditions?

All host need to exist in the inventory for Ansible to work, thats just how Ansible works.

--
Kai Stian Olstad