On 02. aug. 2017 22:52, je...@soundhound.com wrote:
Sorry, I meant how you can do different plays when this is in a role's
main.yml?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.

My bigger question is why has the lock function not been accepted into the
project. It solves a type of problem that other things are not as nice at.
I never saw a comment as to why it was not accepted, it just sat there and
then closed.
If you refer to the PR for the lineinfile module, I think that's because that was just for lineinfile. To solve this is must be a solution for all modules that have this issue, like blockinfile, replace....

One thing I would like to see is the possibility
to set serial: 1 on task level and not just the play level.
That would solve this challenge for me, but serial: 1 on task would not solve it if multiple play is run in parallel and needed to modify the same file.

--
Kai Stian Olstad