Just to give more information of what I am trying.

host (file name)

[server-a]
server-a

[server-b]
server-b

[appserver:children]
server-a
server-b

_________________

host_details (file name)

[server-a:vars]
env_name=server-a
ansible_ssh_user=root
ansible_ssh_host=10.0.0.1
ansible_ssh_private_key_file=~/.ssh/xyz-key.pem

[server-b:vars]
env_name=server-b
ansible_ssh_user=root
ansible_ssh_host=10.0.0.2
ansible_ssh_private_key_file=~/.ssh/xyz-key.pem

   - I am encrypting host_details file using ansible vault.
   - When I execute the playbook,
      - Without encryption: Execution is successful
      - With encryption: I get the below error,

TASK [setup]
Thursday 10 August 2017  11:21:01 +0100 (0:00:00.053)       0:00:00.053
*******
fatal: [server-a]: UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to
connect to the host via ssh: ssh: Could not resolve hostname server-a: Name
or service not known\r\n", "unreachable": true}
fatal: [server-b]: UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to
connect to the host via ssh: ssh: Could not resolve hostname server-b: Name
or service not known\r\n", "unreachable": true}
Add Comment