Hi. I'm encountering a problem in my deployments which may or may not be a
bug.

In my inventories directory, I have the following files --

inventories/prod/group_vars/a_server
inventories/prod/group_vars/b_server
inventories/prod/group_vars/c_server

Where a_server, b_server and c_server groups are defined in
inventories/prod/hosts

All three group_vars files have a variable called "databaseURL" but with
different values. When I specify the a_server as the target for my playbook
run, it uses the "databaseURL" value defined in c_server when processing j2
templates. So it looks like Ansible loads all 3 group_vars files even if I
had specified target=a_server. It looks like c_server is the last processed
file (assuming it's done alphabetically) so the value of "databaseURL"
there takes precedence over the value of the same variable in a_server.

Is this behavior as designed? That all the content of group_vars is loaded
even when you have chosen (by specifying the target) which group_vars file
should be used?

Thanks.