Hi,

I've spent the past few days trying to find a solution to a challenge I
have. Hopefully someone here has the answer.

Here is a slimmed down version, which hopefully will help me move forwards.
- hosts: satellite
  gather_facts: False
  remote_user: root
  tasks:
  - name: test
    vmware_guest_facts:
     hostname: vcenter
     username: me
     password: <somepassword>
     datacenter: DC1
     folder: /DC1/vm
     validate_certs: no
     name: "{{ item }}"
    register: facts
    delegate_to: localhost
    with_items:
     - ltdrob002
     - ltdrob003

  - debug: msg="{{ facts.results[0].instance.hw_eth0.macaddress }}"
    with_items: "{{ facts.results }}"

The above works, it goes to vcenter and prints the MAC address of the first
server (in reference to item [0]). However it prints the MAC address of the
first VM when its getting the facts of the second VM. What I am trying to
achieve is to get the MAC address printed for the relevant VM as it loops
through. So in the debug area.... I want it to resemble something like:

  - debug: msg="{{ item.facts.results.instance.hw_eth0.macaddress }}"
    with_items: "{{ facts.results }}"

The above code doesn't work and the error..
"The task includes an option with an undefined variable. The error was:
'dict object' has no attribute 'facts'" is seen.

A bit of background.... this is optional, help on the above is great for
now.
The challenge I have is that I need to provision a group of VMs, via the
use of with_list (I have a seperate vars file with required vm info in,
i.e. vmName: ltdrob003). Currently I have this working fine with just a
single VM. I need to pass the MAC address of the VM to Satellite (Hammer)
so that  Satellite is able to PXE boot/configure the VM.

The MAC address gets generated when the VM is created so this needs to be
passed to Hammer. As stated, I have this working for 1 VM at a time, but it
would be nice to pass to Ansible a list of VMs to create and have it create
them in 1-run. I achieve this currently with the below and the hammer
command just references "{{ vm_mac }}".
  -  set_fact:
      vm_mac: "{{ results.instance.hw_eth0.macaddress }}"

My plan will be to alter the name of the fact to match the name of the vm,
i.e... "{{ vmName }}_mac": <macaddress>
and then have Hammer reference the MAC via lookup:

mac="{{ vars[vmName + '_mac'] }}":

I can add further detail, but initially I wanted to try and put a simple
example in the hope that this will get some responses.

Many thanks in advance.