Hey guys!
We are developing a plugin for openstack horizon and a product which will
be able to manage openstack infrastructure
Our infrastructure is quite complex.
For instance, we may have up to 10 openstack controllers, up to 5 000
compute nodes, and few different servers,

System administrators will be able to add/remove to our product new compute
nodes, while installation of our producct on compute node, we need to some
collectd plugins, etc
I've discussed the problem with guys in our team who knows ansible better
than me.
I disagree with their solution: their proposal is to keep compute nodes, in
ansible facts, so, when user adds a host we update a fact file in our
product directory

At the moment we keep our compute nodes in filesystem, in some file

I'd like to go different way (at least two options):
1. use dynamic inventory like for amazon in examples (list of compute nodes
always available from file in filesystem)
2. add dns to our infrastructure and group all hosts, and use these groups
in ansible playbooks

What is the besst solution according to your experience ?

For me it's clear that storing list of our servers in ansible facts is a
wrong way.