If a module with the same name as a core module exists in the ./library or
./module_utils directory of the plabyook, which module will be get invoked
when I reference it in my playbook?

I have a need to modify the functionality of a core module. I could
refactor/rename it to [module]_internal or simply copy the module to
./library and add the needed functionality, so I'm curious how others have
approached this. I see benefits of creating a new (renamed) module with the
added functionality and refactoring my playbook to invoke this module
instead, but there's other benefits to just slipping the modified module
directly into the ./library directory so that no further changes are
required in the playbook.

Thoughts?