Not knowing the state of your environment or what you intend to do with the
registered fact, I can only offer you this advice:

If a line in a file needs to exist and an action should occur if that file
is changed, line in file is the most precise way to do this operation.

If you are using searches or other methods to find values in a file in
order to notify actions, you haven't added additional precision to your
plays. The risk of using regular expression is no different if you use line
in file or if you use grep. There's some great regular expression builders
on the web. Try using that to improve the precision of lineinfile, instead
of querying system states using grep or other utilities.