There is no installed copy of the full docs, and there is no downloadable
copy of the rendered docs.

You can clone the git repo, or download the source tarball, and build the
docs.  Or just use the `rst` files provided there without building with
sphinx.

The `rst` files live in docs/docsite/rst within the source tarball or the
git repo.

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 3:43 PM, John Oliver <jno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For everyone who's about to reply, "docs.ansible.com", please don't...
> I'm asking about docs actually installed and available on the local system,
> with no Internet connectivity.
>
> ansible-doc has lots of great info for modules.  I'm aware of and use it.
>
> But what about documentation for core ansible functionality?  If I need
> help with the syntax of a playbook, exactly how to implement a conditional
> or loop or variables or whatever... where is that?
>
> No, 'man ansible' is not what I'm looking for.  Nor is 'man
> ansible-playbook'

> msgid/ansible-project/d71db734-f54d-4a57-b646-18127fa06491%40googlegroups.
> com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/d71db734-f54d-4a57-b646-18127fa06491%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Matt Martz
@sivel