On Sunday, 18 February 2018 21.34.38 CET David Reagan wrote:
> I did a search, and I think the last time switching from mailing lists to a
> forum was discussed was in 2014 here:
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/ansible-project/3NkSXNxULFw/discussion
>
> Can Ansible consider switching from Google Groups to a Discourse instance?

I for one hope that will never happen.

> Elastic.co did so. It seemed like a successful move for them. Mozilla has
> one.
>
> So far, my experience using Discourse has always been far superior to
> Google Groups or other mailing lists.

My experience is the opposite, nothing beats mailing list.

> Some of the things I thing would benefit us all:
>
> * Markdown formatting

I don't see that, plain text with monospace font is better.

> What does everyone else think?
>
> What are the pro's for Google Groups?

I find forum hard to use, all people top post so you don't know what they are
replaying to (I know, a lot of people do that here also).
Threading doesn't work properly, technical and because people don't replay to a
post, but to the thread.
On a forum you need to create yet another account.

--
Kai Stian Olstad