So, I'm new to ansible, and I'm hoping to find ways to meet a
customize-able CLI deployment scenario, where 99% of the commands are the
same across devices, but a handful will be unique.

I was originally thinking about using a single response file would cover
the 99% (in my example I'm trying to configure multiple ProxySG's at the
same time).

There are really two unknowns here (possibly 3).

The first:

I need to configure 3 network interfaces across 12 devices, all having a
different IP's and subnet masks.  Is there a way to sequentially pull this
from a list  lets say I have response files like:

interface 1 list

10.0.0.100 - coordinates to the first device
10.0.0.101
etc

interface 2 list
10.0.1.100
10.0.1.101

or what would be the best way to accomplish this kind of task.

The second:

I'd like for obvious reasons, not store passwords in the playbook

If I added something like this:

 vars_prompt:
  - name: 'enable_password'
    prompt: 'Enable password:'
    private: yes
    encrypt: 'sha512_crypt'
    confirm: yes
    salt_size: 7

  how would I use this in the script.  After I ssh into the device I would
need to type  a password for the enable which is what i'm trying to then
present through the script in a secure way.

Finally, I guess is there anything special I would need to properly use a
cli configuration separate from linux installation playbooks?

Thanks in advance!