On 02.03.2018 11:24, @rabin wrote:
I like to use Ansible to remove few packages, but it seem not to support
the wildecard option for package name matching.

- name: Remove Packages
   name: "{{ item }}"
   state: absent
   - packages_remove
   - b43-*
   - hexchat
   - libreoffice*

In the above example I was expecting the for "b43-*" to match b43-openfwwf
and b43-fwcutter but non of them was removed.
same for libreoffice, here is the output with -vvv

Package is a very generic module with no extra functionality.
For more functionality you need to use the module for your package system.

Kai Stian Olstad

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ansible
Project" group.