Hi All

I've been working on an Ansible module that allows you to run a command on
a Windows host remotely without the need for WinRM and in the end I've
created a module called psexec to do this. If any Windows admins (or others
who wish to try it out) are interested you can find the PR here
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/36723 and try it out. Some of the
things you can do with this module are;

* Run an adhoc command on a remote Windows host without WinRM being setup
and enabled
* Use it to do bootstrapping tasks that would be otherwise hard to run in
some environments, e.g. setting up the WinRM listeners or upgrading
PowerShell to the 3.0 requirement
* Runs on Python/linux so no requirement for another Windows host like
win_psexec and is easily runnable on the Ansible controller
* Fine control over the process and how it is executed, e.g. become like
options to run as a different user or the System account

It is no substitution for the winrm connection plugin as it does not use a
proper protocol but rather takes advantage of some internal Windows
mechanisms to run a process.

Some more links if you are interested in trying it out or just want to know
more are https://github.com/jborean93/pypsexec and
https://www.bloggingforlogging.com/2018/03/12/introducing-psexec-for-python/.

Any feedback is most welcome.

Thanks