But this won't run and there's no error,

---
- hosts: windows
  tasks:
     - name: copy file back to ansible machine from windows
       fetch:
          src: \path\to\file\on\windows\machine
          dest: /destination/directory/on/ansible/controller
          flat: yes
       delegate_to: ansible_hostname

Any idea if you want to get the data from multiple windows server?